Monday, October 26, 2009

Grand Reunion - General Topics

This is a "catch-all" posting for anything that doesn't fit in the other categories.

Agenda for the Day

This is George's initial proposal. Let's discuss and tweak where necessary, before I post on the main blog.

1. Breakfast: 8.30am. Meet at: thompson's at nanas rd or kwong up at keretapi or foodygoody in tabuan jaya or lauyakeng temple at carpenter st, or any other suggestion?
2. St Joe visit: 10.30am. Will be school hols so I think have to get permission from the principal to tour the place.
3. Lunch 12.30pm: the Spring shopping centre food court.
4. Afternoon activities: Shopping at the Spring [Kuching's newest shopping centre], or go for a movie at the newest cineplex MDO at the Spring, or for those more adventurous can go for a massage or foot reflexology.
5. Grand Reunion Dinner: 7pm
6. 11pm - adjourn to Victoria's arms .... or Vicky's or Vixy's or whoever ... LOL.

9 comments:

  1. Perhaps we can collectively draft out the agenda for the night on this post. Any initial ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Dato' AM and the coverage on NST, the number of visitors to the blog peaked at about 250 unique visitors last night !!! Our usual visitor count is around 150. For anyone who still doubts the value of marketing, here's your evidence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, I think it may be time to start a weekly posting on the main blog .. something like "Grand Reunion Updates", where each week we share a few snippets of what to expect on the BIG NIGHT. Slowly build up until 23 Dec. We mustn't give everything away of course, but try to whet their appetites and rouse the excitement level sikit lah!

    For the first one (maybe tomorrow or Sun), can I have your inputs what to put in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One suggestion - i check out what made NST headlines on every wednesdays from 11th November 1976, 18th Nov 1976, 25th Nov 1976, 2nd Dec 1976, 9th Dec 1976, and 16th Dec 1976 I scan them and email to you so you can use them as countdowns to wednesday 23rd december.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good suggestion! And to take the idea further, what we might want to do is let the guys know that we are going to use our time machine transport them back to the year 1976. So from next week onwards we will be reminding them of things that happened on those dates that AM indicated, until we get to 23 Dec 1976 on the day of our Grand Reunion. We could prompt them to tell us what they were likely to be doing on those dates. Might be interesting, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to Sabah for next week. Any old boys in KK or Beaufort I can reach out to?

    BTW, anyone have special rates for good hotels in KK that I can "tumpang" on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. One important part of the Grand Reunion Dinner will be the group photograph. Likely that in another 30 years, all we'll have to remember this night will be that group photo.

    I know some of the attendees are juggling their times betwwen different functions with our GRD ... so maybe we want to make it easy for everyone to schedule by fixinf the time we will take the group photograph taking.

    What do you think? Can we set a time like 10:00pm to take the photo? So everyone who has to come late or go somewhere else in the middle WILL be back by 10:00pm if they want to be included in the shot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. now that the event is over, what was the overall damage and do we have any money left? Maybe we should pay all the bills and close the accts, and then decide how we will make use of the balance (if any).

    We had broached several ideas about contributing to the school and maybe adopting the classrooms of the current Form 5 or something like that. I can start a conversation on this on the blog, and see where it takes us, but better if we know where we stand financially at this point. Roberto?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ben, how many more of those souvenir Tshirts do we have left? I was thinking now is the time you can sell them for say RM50 each, as they are limited edition and definitely collector's item.

    If doable, I can advertise on the blog. After deducting your costs, we can consider putting the profits into our Class of 1976 Fund, and do some meaningful projects with it.

    ReplyDelete