This post is only for discussions related to entertainment & souvenirs for the Grand Reunion.
ENTERTAINMENT
* What ideas does the team have ?
* What do 50 years olds like (beside the obvious) ?
* How much time for entertainment ?
SOUVENIRS
* Dato' AM, your great idea of the front page still holds ?
* St Joe school badge would be nice (most have lost theirs)
* Group photo
* DVD of scenes from the evening (to be sent later)
* Booklet with excerpts from the blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


MWJ
ReplyDeleteThe frontpage still holds. I need the dates of birth already. Can I have it next week? It takes time to retrieve from the archive and reprint.
We wont do touch up work cos it will take too much time.
It will cost about RM20 per piece but I will absorb it under company marketing expense. No framing though.
I like the school badge idea too, cos i would love to have it.
We shud organise (longer term) a school necktie. But quality must be good.
Any chance our '76 group make a metal plague of all our names and teachers and mount it in the school hall or something?
Btw when was the last time most of us visit the school? can the reunion incorporate a visit to the school the morning after or something?
I've only got the birthdates of the guys that have registered and paid, and had planned to get their DOBs as and when they pay up. But since u need the lead time, I'll have to expedite and get it even before payment. But i'll impress on them that they've given their word to come, so no backing out cos we're putting in all this effort. Give me till first week of Nov, ok?
ReplyDeleteMay I suggest that we organise more than a dinner? Can we have programs starting from morning of 23 Dec? A visit back to school would be nice. Lunch somewhere in town?
ReplyDeleteJust post the program on the blog and anyone can just pop by to join. Something very informal.
I like the school visit & lunch idea on 23 Dec morning/early afternoon. As I fly off around lunchtime on 24 Dec, and I suspect a few others will also do the same, Dec 23 works better for me than Dec 24.
ReplyDeleteFor the frontpage that NSTP provides, do we know anyone in Kuching who we can sub-contract cheaply eanough for the framing? Or do we just roll them up and bring back for individuals to handle their own framing?
ReplyDeletework on the fontpage has already begun on the first 2 batches. the closing date for submitting birth dates to me is this friday. Anyone registering later then that will not get the souvenir.
ReplyDeleteI will arrange for the materials to be sent to kuching ealy so that the framing can be done there. Found anyone to do that yet?
The list of DOBs is almost complete. Robert & I will try to get the remaining two guys (incl Father Nicholas) to give their details & I'll send Dato' AM the final worksheet by end of today. Anyone who registers after this unfortunately will not get the souvenir.
ReplyDeleteGuys, we have been quite successful in building up the momentum and expectations of the Reunion.
ReplyDeleteWe better deliver on our 'promise' by ensuring the night is memorable. The critical success factors for a successful evening are:
- when people arrive at the hotel there are no hassle with parking etc, the hotel side must be proactive and be as supportive to our guests as much as possible;
- the signages to the ball room is well and clearly shown and looks like it has quality and not 'cho kia'
- the reception committee must be in place and so guests are well received (so there must be a reception committee)
- perhaps if we can raise some funds we serve simple cocktail at the reception so people can mingle while waiting;
- the mc is critical and i think in ELAS we have a good guy;
- the itinerary for the night must not be long and draggy; sometimes in our attempt to give as much as we can the night became long winded, draggy and boring; so try to make it fairly short and sweet;
- the play back materials of now and then photos can just be a background thingy and not a main feature;
- the entertainment can be two folds - during dinner we should try and get people like the strollers in damaipuri to perform; followed by the music machine belting out the 70's music.
- food must not be in short supply
- drinks must also be in good supply. Word of caution not to oversupply alcohol as we may run the risk of some 50 year olds getting overly noisy, etc
- by 10pm or latest 10.30pm we should adjourn to VA where we can misbehave as much as we can.
- the lucky draws and hopefully the souvenirs will add value.
cheers!
wooo.. sounds like its gonna be an awesome nite!
ReplyDeleteJeeze, Jimmy. How did this Ex Marian sneak into the Hidden Room????
ReplyDeleteDid someone leave the back door open???? LOL
ReplyDelete(I'm pretty sure I know who this Ex Marian is)
Let's retain a lawyer to get an injunction to restrain her from gate-crashing our 'Hidden Room'. PMSL ...
ReplyDeleteI would say, "My Lord, I plead "innocent"! The door was "open". LOL.. LOL...
ReplyDeletemake way for the Lord!!!
ReplyDeleteDOB list submitted to AM this am ;-)
ReplyDeleteAll 62 names.
Following from AM's comments, I think we should try to enjoy the lead up to the Grand Reunion. To me, half the fun is in that process - the anticipation of the grand event, the organizing, hitting and fixing hurdles on the way, preparing ... all that's part of the joy.
ReplyDeleteAs the saying goes "The Journey is the Reward".
Don't just wait for the end b4 you have fun. I guess that applies to life in general.
Got Count Down to the Reunion or not?
ReplyDeleteBy the way no one taking up my offer for an interview on ntv7's Breakfast Show?
Maybe we should have Dtk JJ, Ben and Roney Zaidel to appear on the breakfast show. I can get ntv7 or maybe tv3's MHI to buy the idea if I sell it as an example of a living 1Malaysia since 33 years ago.
Just for the fun of it; we got our Reunion on national newspaper and on national tv!!! Mother of All Reunion!!
Perhaps on tv3 would be effective to get our malay classmates to register. I noticed our malay classmates are not forthcoming for this reunion.
Can we relive the spirit of the 'skrang expedition' by having a ngajat dance by some iban ladies? Down memory lane for Bob Chew and the gang.
ReplyDeleteThe countdown in terms of number of days left is on the blog, under the banner for the Grand Reunion.
ReplyDeleteguys, movies released in 1976? think we can do something about them for our reunion? we have music of the 70s for entertainment. maybe clips of movies released in 76 etc. just an idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Countdown Frontpages, Anthony. Very interesting.
ReplyDeletewe need many more prizes for the lucky draw
ReplyDeleteJames, dont forget to update this week's nst fronpage countdown..hehe
ReplyDeleteFor this Wed's update, I'd like to give special visibility to our Lucky Draw Prizes. Guys, can we have a quick review of what prizes we have already secured? I think NOW is the right time to get everyone excited about the great prizes they might win at the event. It may attract the 7 or 8 more attendees we need to reach the magic number of 76.
ReplyDeleteSo far I know we have the following prizes:
* Air Asia's two free return trips to Siem Reap (any further destination, Anthony?) How do we want to position these? As one prize for a couple, or two? Also what is the estimated value of this?
* Borneo Post's 1-year subscriptions. George, may I confirm we have three of these? What value agak-agak ?
* I have just gotten Cisco marketing to agree to one Flip MinoHD pocket camcorder, valued at about S$250. This is one of our latest products, and is still not officially available in most places in Asia. Check out www.theflip.com for details.
* Ben, you were talking about trying to get sponsors for hampers, gifts, etc. Any progress?
What else do we have, guys? Will Merdeka Palace sponsor any free stays? Any of our towkay friends with companies want to sponsor any prizes? Let me know before end of today if possible.
Jimmy, the Borneo Post costs RM1.00 each. So I guess one year's subscription would be about RM365.00 each.
ReplyDeleteYes, confirm BP agreed to sponsor 3 subscriptions - each one for one year. But note that it will only for Sarawak [Sabah also can I think] - the newspapers wont be sent to Bangkok or Siem Reap!
Anyone wanna comment on the other lucky draw prizes ? I reckon we'll get some hampers (right, Ben?) ... anyone donating a couple of bottles of wine as prizes ? maybe a spa/reflexology/massage package ?
ReplyDeleteI hv secured one return ticket kl-london-kl on air asia. I am trying to get another one, will know in a few days.
ReplyDeleteAre the London tickets in replacement of the Siem Reap tickets or in addition to those ?
ReplyDeleteyes
ReplyDeletewhich one? i'm assuming it is in addition to ... yes?
ReplyDeleteDear Sirs,
ReplyDeleteApologies for not contributing much to the Hidden Room.
As for me, I agree with what you all are doing & get my support in any way possible.
Dato'AM efforts to solicit for grand prizes must be recognized & appreciated. Not forgetting the Organizers who are fully dedicated to make this Big50 a reality & surely, a huge success.
Till then, C U all on 23-12-09 in KCH
sorry. Its 2 tkts to london in replacement of siem reap tkts.
ReplyDeleteok la. I will throw in free stay 1 week in our apartment in London (either at our whitehall court apartment or mews house off Baker Street) for 2 person.
ReplyDeleteGuys, 6 days left to the Big Day. Any reminders you can think of for key things to get or put in place for the Dinner ? This is for us to list what's on our mind, so that things don't get missed out. Hopefully with all of us, we'll cover most of the bases.
ReplyDelete